Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
mi
City
warren
:?:i am shawn. i'm new here yeterday only ny arms twitching. today everywhere. drivin me nuts. is there a way to lessen or stop these? thanks!:?:

I'm sorry Shawn. Don't have any super tips that worked for my sister but can tell you always were worse when overtired or stressed. Know you are both right now I would say try to relax but realize that is probably not possible just now

I found that a bit of gin, not a lot, calms my twitching

I usually can find a stretch that works. Or, moving sometimes just moving

I know what you are talking about, my facs are like a symphony playing all over my body. It really can drive you nuts, and make you paranoid if you focus your energy on worrying about them. I find they slightly lessen after exercising and cardio. My doc says there are no meds that work on subduing the facs and twitches.
I can't use alcohol because of the meds I am on.....but I am thinking about smoking a doobie, I will let you know if it works!

>but I am thinking about smoking a doobie

:) ... not in Texas (and to think I moved here from Colorado!)

I've been told..."There ain't nothing like doing a couple of doobies, a bag of chocolate chip cookies and a cold quart of milk." 'Cause... surely I wouldn't know.

....Like woow dude....I totally tried it and can't say if it helped or not>>>>I was so busy eating potato chips and pizza...then chased it with some MooseTracks icecream! Guess I forgot what I was doing because this test is totally too abstract to conceptualize:shock::shock::oops::?:

Good to see humor is alive and well! I just don't think about them anymore. Worrying doesn't make them less it makes fasciculations worse. Once I quit paying attention to them they got less. I am willing to try the chocolate chip cookie and moose tracks challenge though through Peggy it just ain't the same gratification. Hugs

>....Like woow dude....I totally tried it and can't say if it helped or not>>>>

Big Grin -- have to admit I haven't tried it since I paid $5 for a lid. I am pretty sure it was alfalfa :) ...

BTW, Shawn - re: the facs, I think stress and overdoing it exacerbates it. If you can find a hot tub, spa, or YMCA that was a warm bubble pool and try that.

Hope it helps,

Max

You folks are so funny. I would love to try special brownies and milk. My twitches have settled down a lot since I've accepted what is to be. But I'm not saying a day goes by I don't think about it.

>....Like woow dude....I totally tried it and can't say if it helped or not>>>>

Big Grin -- have to admit I haven't tried it since I paid $5 for a lid. I am pretty sure it was alfalfa :) ...

Max ....I did it all in the name of Science!:shock:

>I would love to try special brownies and milk

Me, too. a guy in the HP parking was having fun with an interesting pipe. I should have asked where ... but as you know where we are :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back