Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Cottonwood
Rilutek is becoming too expensive for my PALS after 3 years. I know it is an antiGlutamate. Are there any dietary supplements that perform a similar task?

RILUSOLE is the generic for RILUTEK. It is dramatically less expensive. I have health ins, so it only costs me 5.00 per month....I think it is under 20.00 if I did not have ins. Medicare/caid should cover the generic.
Hope this helps....I have read that Rilutek costs 100's of dollars. Had the generic not been available I may have opted to not use it.

Mark is right riluzole is cheaper although a quick online look showed generally several hundred a month still but I found a Sam's club coupon at the goodrx site for less than 40 a month.
To address your question though I do have a memory of a study in China where a herbal concoction was supposedly better than riluzole. I do not remember details nor can I speak to the validity of the study. I know I read about it on ALSTDI last year if you want to search or ask there and draw your own conclusions. I rather think it was done at one of the stem cell places which makes me skeptical to say the least!

Genenic Rilutek is 1200/mo for us, and Brand name is 2200/mo.

If you are still in Cottonwood go to the goodrx site get coupon for walgreens for now. Have never used it myself but have been told their coupons work let us know if they do!

Last edited:
expect very few take it without insurance

I just checked the price at my local Rite-Aid and it is $1168.00...there is no way I would be on it if not for the ins. That is robbery in my opinion.....of course the healthcare industry in general really pisses me off. Everything is so expensive, there is no way you could afford medical expenses without insurance.
My health coverage is 1863.00 per month, for my wife and me only.
rant over......................................................

I did check Goodrx and they do have a coupon for Fry's Pharm for $75 for 3 months...incredible! I will test it out to see if it is real. Thanks a million for the tip, and I hope everyone can use this info. Very valuable.

Will

If you are still in Cottonwood go to the goodrx site get coupon for walgreens for now. Have never used it myself but have been told their coupons work let us know if they do!

>of course the healthcare industry in general really pisses me off. Everything is so expensive, there is no way you could afford medical expenses without insurance

Hi, Mark -- ditto that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back