minnesota

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
MN
City
Coon Rapids
I am looking for a different option than the hoyer lift! Anyone try a wall mount system? One has an arm that extends out but looks like it only moves side to side in a very specific and limited range. Another has an 'elbow' type arm that seems more useable to line my pals up in bed or Pwc etc!

I have found the hoyer cumbersome and am currently doing almost all lifting (some help 2x am and pm per week)! Trying to find the right equip so I don't get hurt!

Any suggestions forum friends?

I have ceiling lifts and couldn't do with out them. I have a hoyer for emergencies away from the bedroom and bathroom or for traveling, but too find it cumbersome.

You picked up on why wall mounted are not very popular. Very limited in how and where you can use them.

There are sit to stand lifts as well which may work for a while yet,but at some point would not work anymore. But loan closets may have one to try.

But most will go with a hoyer or ceiling or track above lift.

Thank you for your replies! Worth a shot to check it out a bit further. My pals has not been able to use our tiny bathroom for a long time so I thought the transfer to bedside commode and pwc might be fairly slick with this option. Too limiting like Brian said. Thanks again--appreciate the responses!

Have you looked at overhead lift systems? If you can't install an overhead track because you are renting or ceiling joists won't support on, they make frames that fit against the side walls and across the ceiling. Any width, any room, any distance from the rear wall. Easier installation!

This lift is very useful for those who have any lifting issues in their homes. It provides complete comfort and easily access all lifted areas of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back