Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
UT
City
taylorsville
I went to my first ALS clinic yesterday...found it pretty slick to expedite the treatment of this crap! Especially the meds, generic Rilusole is only a 5 dollar copay with my insurance. I pushed for Nuedexta over Prozak, but that sh!t is expensive...200 bucks on copay(no generics).
I really wanted to try it because I have read so many positive things regarding emotional labilty about Nuedexta.
I could not see paying that per month for something I can get by on a lot cheaper. My doctor suggested increasing my amitryptaline and sticking with the prozak.
My apologies if I misspelled any of the meds.

V1.0 Page 1 of 1 02Dec2013
Dear Potential Research Participant,
I am writing to tell you about the study called “The Experimental Treatment of Bulbar Dysfunction in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)” being conducted by the Center for Neurologic Study (CNS) at 7 different clinics across the United States. This study is being supported by the ALS Association (ALSA) and the Northeast ALS Consortium (NEALS).
The purpose of this research study is to find out if Nuedexta® will improve speech, swallowing, and salivation (the production of saliva) in people with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
You may be eligible for this study if you have been diagnosed with ALS, are over the age of 18, and exhibit bulbar dysfunction. The study doctor or nurse will review the complete list of inclusion and exclusion with you to find out whether you are a good fit for the study.
It is important to know that this letter is not to tell you to join this study. It is your decision. Your participation is voluntary. Whether or not you participate in this study will have no effect on your relationship with the physician/clinic/hospital where you receive care as a patient.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact one of the following sites:
Site Name
Site Address
Contact Name
Telephone Number
Email Address
California Pacific Medical Center
2324 Sacramento Street
Suite 111
San Francisco, CA 94115
Dallas Forshew
415-600-3938
[email protected]
The Cleveland Clinic
9500 Euclid Avenue
S4-421
Cleveland, Ohio 44195
Nicole Berry
216-445-1741
[email protected]
Hennepin County Medical Center
701 Park Avenue
PPC-440
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Cindy Rhode
612-873-2607
[email protected]
Georgetown University Hospital
Dept. of Neurology
7th Floor PHC
3800 Reservoir RD NW
Washington, D.C.
Rebecca Owings
202-444-2658
[email protected]
Providence ALS Center
5050 NE Hoyt Street
Suite 314
Portland, OR 97213
Pamela Andrews
503-962-1171
[email protected]
Neurology Associates
2631 South 70th Street
Lincoln, NE 68506
Becky Weber
402-481-8001
[email protected]
Saint Mary’s Health Care
Clinical Trial Unit
260 Jefferson Ave., SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Lynn Cherney
616-685-5091
[email protected]
You do not have to respond if you are not interested in this study. If you do not respond, no one will contact you, but you may receive another letter in the mail which you can simply disregard. Thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Richard A. Smith, MD
Principal Investigator

Mark that email I just posted here went to moderation, but when you get it, give them a call because it is for Nuedexta and so it would be free :)

Thanks Max....I can buy a lot of bacon cheese burgers and moosetracks ice cream for 200bucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back