Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
How do you guys treat a cold? Any different now than before?

Thanks

Pretty much the same but treat aggressively ( don't try to tough it out) and have a low tolerance for going to the doctor especially if fever or chest congestion.

Rest,rest and more rest! Plenty of fluids and I like guiafenesin to thin secretions ( it is plain Mucinex but if you can get the store brand it is cheaper!)

Hope you feel better fast!

I have also used high doses of Vit. C (1000mg every hour until I get diarrhea) usually that is 4000mg or 4 Gms. When I first heard a doctor recommend it to a surgeon who had a really bad cold starting, and a huge bowel resection to do the next day, I thought he was crazy. He also recommended cutting a lemon up and putting it, rinds and all into a pot of tea with honey, and drink that throughout the day. The surgeon came in the next day, and it was like he didn't have a cold at all, and he had not taken any medications other than the Vit. C. I have used it ever since, when ever I get the hint of a cold and it works every time. This has been for 10 years and I have only had 1-2 actual colds since, and it was when I didn't do the routine. I also suck on zinc lozenges.

Yes,
Anything that will make you sleep is good....some people like zinc, helped my wife.
I like NyQuil

I like these 3 things:

1. Vicks makes a patch that goes on your shirt to send those vapors into your sinuses.

2. Shower Soothers. You put the disc in the floor of the shower and the water dissolves and the fumes come up.

3. Breathe Right Strips with menthol. This is my new thing since I started the BiPap at night. It helps me not be so congested during the night.

How is the cold coming?

Thanks for the advice.

I still feel weaker than normal and can't breathe deeply.

Cough is loosening though, getting more productive.

You probably caught it on the plane with all that recirculated air. I am glad you seem to be on the mend as well. Are you still in the states?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back