Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
KY
City
Nicholasville
We put mom's tablet meds in applesauce and she does fine with them. The one capsule pill is a toughie to get swallowed. Is there anything we can do to make it easier? She has terrible time getting the capsule down.

Kim

Hi Kim, there is an earlier post from dalvin in the pals forum about a pill glide product that is a spray. It is in a thread entitled 'aspiration danger'. Might help u. My mom got to the point where even the applesauce was a chore. Now all meds go thru her peg. Good luck, trina

Depending on the medication, you may be able to open the capsule in applesauce. I take my gabapentin that way - but I did check with my pharmacist first - It does absolutely taste really bad - but it gets down the gullet so much easier! Chocolate pudding is my favourite pill taking vehicle.

Hi Kim, there is an earlier post from dalvin in the pals forum about a pill glide product that is a spray. It is in a thread entitled 'aspiration danger'. Might help u. My mom got to the point where even the applesauce was a chore. Now all meds go thru her peg. Good luck, trina

Sandy makes me a thick-ish smoothie in AM and PM to taks the pills. The tough ones for me are the vitamins and the Musinex (sp?). If if is too hard, she lets me bail in the vitamins :).

Max

we use choc pudding or yogurt too. bought the pill glide--it works but he hated the taste!

I can remember taking pills in applesauce as a kid... certainly going to try that again.

I give up some mornings as it's just too hard now.

My worst memory though is of 5th grade, deciding to try a pill in Spaghetti-O's. I was a kid and opened up a capsule. That was absolutely
disgusting.

To this day, I will not eat Spaghetti-O's. Yuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back