Diagnosis
05/2009
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Bowie
Responding to an old post that did not have a good solution.
I have a body pillow put at the foot of my hospital bed.
This not only keeps me back in bed, but also keeps my feet from falling forward and cramping.
I am 5'10" and lie only on my back, so now the fold in the raised bed matches the place where my back bends.

Yes a body pillow is a great idea It took me two years to figure that out I use one at the foot of the bed for my mom and it helps alot I also use one when I turn her on her side to help keep her on her side.

I will try this. The covers always bind and push my toes down

We keep sheets and blankets off Larry's feet (not any kind of device, just folded slightly), which are in Prevalon boots for sleep. If you use the tilt function of the bed and then raise your knees, which may also help your back, you are also less likely to slide. He sleeps only on his back also.

My feet were sensitive to the weight also, but now they are not.

The hospital bed we were loaned has a hard board at the foot end, and it bends to sitting from nearly in the middle as well as raises under the knees, kind of ends up like a banana lounge. My PALS can use his feet on this board to both stop from sliding like he did in our bed (and we used a range of pillows and things at his feet then) and to reposition as his arms are weak.

We also use travel pillows under the knees in bed, with the legs held in place under the pillows w/ a foam belt, which protects hip alignment in sleep for those who need that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back