11/2010
Country
US
State
FL
City
Fort Walton Beach
I posted a thread a week ago "AN Unexspected at of Love"
did it not get past the Mods here for some reason? did it get posted in another section?

I don't know how to contact a mod to follow up on it

Thanks
Meg

ok, weird, I tried to post it again and it moderates me but I could post this new one.
I am confused?

A-Ha! I think it is because I had a link in it
lets try with out the link

a few months ago our nefew, Joshua Smith, got in touch with us and told us he had decided to do a 50 mile run in Steve's name to raise funds and awareness for ALS when he arrived home from his latest deployment to the middle east. Bless him, his goal at the time was to raise a mere $500 for the ALS foundation for running FIFTY MILES.
As the monies came in his goal was raised and he has raised nearly 5 grand to date!
Needless to say we were completely caught of guard and touch by this huge act of support and love.
Josh has made it back to State side safe and sound, thank God, and We are busy planning his run, from Panama City Beach FL to Fort Walton Beach, on December 21. The last 5 miles of the run will be along the beach of Okaloosa Island allowing local runners to join and run him in to the Ramada Inn Resort, who are graciously allowing us to gather on there back deck area over looking the beaches.
But, Josh isn't just running for Steve he is running for all of us. The AlS Foundation has been a huge source of support for us, from sharing equipment from their loan closet to covering the cost of an ALS clinic when Steve as between insurances. Now when friends ask what can they do for us I tell them about Josh's run and that supporting the foundation is the same as supporting us.

please feel free to share Josh's run with your FB page or Email addresses for those people who are always asking what can they do and you don't know what to tell them they could help with...they really do want to help and Josh is running for all of us

thank and God Bless
Meg

Last edited:
if you search "50 miles for Steve" you will find Josh's run

HEY MODs.. you can delete this thread...I started a new one with out the links and all my ramblings!
thanks and sorry.... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back