Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
nc
City
winterville
Hope you are doing well. To give you some background, via and EMG and NCS, I was diagnosed with ulnar neuropathy. I ended up having surgery in January of 2012. My feeling has come back to some extent, and I have gained some strength back between my thumb and pointer finger. I have had fasciculations in the surgically repaired arm and hand for over a year now. Over the last 6 months, they have been more spread out. Constantly in the arches of my feet (very subtle), knees, arms, legs, shoulders. I have this constant fear of ALS.

My question to you is, should I worry? I have seen 2 local neurologists who have told me that they see no reason to suspect ALS or MS. However, when I feel the spasms, I can't help but worry.

I would really value your input.

Thanks

I think you should believe the 2 drs you have seen. I believe them, they know far more than we do and have been to school and have experience at diagnosing these things.

Stress can cause all sorts of physical problems and the more stress and worry the more the problems grow. I am sending cyber hugs and peace to you.

I appreciate you taking the time to read my post. I keep trying to tell myself that it is a good sign that my strength has come back in my left hand that I had surgery on. Then I keep getting twitches elsewhere. I just wonder if it would have shown in the EMG that was done.

... I just wonder if it would have shown in the EMG that was done.
Yep. That's one of the primary tests which show indications of ALS. The neurologist performing mine went from jovial to concerned as the test progressed....

Move on with your life. 8^)

Hey there nervousJ, Internet forum etiquette says to post a given question in only one forum, not multiple as you've done here....

.... 8) I posted this 'comment' earlier but it seems to have gone to mod land probably due to my embedding links to both threads! I'll never learn!

8^)

Thanks. That is my fault. I am new to forum and posted in the wrong spot the first time. Thanks for the answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back