Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
SMALL TOWN IN
I was wondering if anyone watches Cake Boss. The owner's mother has ALS. They had a episode in which they were going to test several of her brothers/sister to see who matches her the best. I think for bone marrow and they were taking her out of the country? India? I'm not sure. Anybody, hear anymore on this?

I seen the report on CNN about the cake boss. He is taking his mother to Israel for stem cell research.

Israel is using Brainstorm in its stem cell research, as we patiently wait for FDA to approve it in US. I sure wish them success and hope they report results, successful or failure.

that would be awesome if it works for her and he puts it on his show. I don't watch it very often--does he have her on or does he ever talk about ALS?

Do you know if the research in Israel is using adult stem cells?

He had his mother on the show in a episode I saw a few weeks ago. He does mention her having ALS quite a bit on the show. He also was in my town a few months back and thanked the audience that he had for all their prayers and support for his mother. He appears to be a genuine caring down to earth guy even with his success. I'm sure he'll keep the public informed of his mother's progress. If I find out anymore about it I will post it.

I think they grow stem cells from yours. is that adult stem cell?

I think they grow stem cells from yours. is that adult stem cell?

Yes that is :)

In another link I posted a copy of an email I got from Dr. Kim at the Hanyang University in Seoul Korea.

I hope it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back