Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Ottawa
I am currently using a netbook for my communications but my left hand is longer possible for keyboarding. I want to purchase a new device. Any recommendations for one handed keyboarding?

Love my iPad! Plus there are apps which will help me to communicate in the future.

I'm typing only with my right hand only.

I use a fat stylus and an iPad! My hands don't work well so I use two hands to use the stylus.

I use an iPad mini, it's smaller size is easier for me to handle and it still has pretty loud speakers. I also have a blue tooth speaker that I use if I know it's going too be to noisy for the iPad alone. I use the proloquotogo app, a little spendy but lots of options!

we went for the iPad mini, and the app called Predictable.

I chose this one because it will work with a switch, so that when my PALS loses the use of his hands he can still operate the app.

Seems the iPad is the winner. Thanks all!

I had an Android tablet when i could still use my hands. I never understood why people spend so much on ipads when the Androids are cheaper and do literally the same things. And have more apps. Highly recommend.

My husband bought me a galaxy notepad. I found the keyboard a good size, the weight is very light, and since I still have my voice dictation system works really well. Good luck!
Hollister

adozi and hjlindley, I also have android an pad and android Samsung phone. I haven't been able to find a good AAC app on Android and that is why I chose to get an iPad mini.
The one app I did find only had a female voice.
Which app do either of you use?
I appreciate the info!

iPad for me with Speak It. I also have and Android phone. I know Susan Spencer switched to a phone when her typing got harder.

Text to Speech Toy is the app i used. There are tons of text to speech apps, but i chose this one because it was the first one i came to that had all of these qualities: worked correctly, was free, had a pleasant voice, and pre stored phrases were one tap away. It looks like they also added words per minute speed to the voice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back