Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
California
City
Concord
Wanted you to know I listened to all your suggestions re my visit to sister-in-law with ALS and I want to thank you . Our visit was very special for all of us. I was just myself and saw her as herself despite the equipment and her labored breathing. We laughed, cried, drank too much, sat quietly together. I helped her get a voice-activated device so she can use the computer. That truly lifted her spirits . I did all the cooking (and made extra to freeze). I helped my brother in any way I could . I watched his tireless, loving dedication to her care. I also used my skills as a Lymphedema therapist to help reduce the swelling in her feet/toes/hands. I taught my brother how to wrap them at nite. She was very pleased with the results . Both want me to return in 2 months . I am deeply moved by how humbling this disease is. I was in a timelessness zone-unaware of anything but being present with her and my brother.

That is awesome Pete :)

I'm so glad you were able to go. Also glad it was a good and loving experience for all of you. Hugs to you!

You are so awesome!

That's just the kind of visit us CALs and PALs need. Way to go!

What an awesome story! Be sure to go back when you can, we need more people like you around.

Sounds like you all appreciated your time together and created many lasting memories until the next time and always. Wonderful! Yasmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back