Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
CA
City
Santa Barbara
Two years ago, Fran and I were interviewed for a book on bravery. Now, I've never considered myself particularly brave, but there is a tendency to call all people with serious illness, brave. Anyway, the book is out now. Also, Psychology Today magazine is excerpting some of the stories from the book, and we were one of the stories chosen.

Fran's blog has the link to the book, and scans of the magazine article, which is kind of hard to find:

https://franfinney.wordpress.com/2013/07/06/the-society-of-timid-souls-or-how-to-be-brave/

Excellent article!

It is SO hard to believe that over two years have gone by since Hal and I were interviewed for the book that the article is excerpted from. Reading Polly's chapter on Hal and me brought back memories of how chaotic life was like back then. And good news: Hal's progression slowed dramatically over the past two years. Also, in may ways, life is easier now. It is so challenging and difficult to adapt to rapid changes and losses - but once you have a strategy for dealing with where you are and what you have to work with, then things calm down and get easier and even more fun. So even though Hal is now further along in his ALS progression than he was back in 2011, life is in so many ways better.

@halfin:

Today, I've got the time to click on the link and read the article.
I must say, very good article, very good reading, indeed.

Thanks for posting it.

Thanks for sharing Hal. Good to see you around.

Thanks, Hal and Fran. Great article for so many on different levels. Thinking of you both. Yasmin.

Awesome, you are brave, I am a fighter and you give me strength.

Wonderful and inspiring thank you for sharing.

Fran and Hal,
Thank you for sharing this I've been wondering how you are. This is a great encouragement to me.
Tom

Good and inspiring article. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.