Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Ma
City
xyz
While I do not have a diagnosis yet, I am having real issues with swallowing and weak neck muscles.

I don't have much slurred speech but I have raspy voice and quiet. But the terrible feeling of tight throat and soreness/weakness stinks and scares me.
I'm drinking less and eating less because of it.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on what to do? Will an ENT be able to help me? I've been seen by one but he didn't find any blockage. Considering my weakness I know this is muscle related. I haven't swallowed well in a few months now but it's getting worse and worse and now I'm really scared :(

Maybe have a swallow study done. Don't know if that is the right term.

You have a neuro appointment July 9th?
You must be patient - as we all have been at one time or another.

Repeating the same question over and over again here, while perhaps a stress reliever or pass time for you, will accomplish nothing. Get a grip. You've seen an ENT - we are not doctors.

Stay off the durn Internet - take your five year old to the park or to a museum or zoo! You don't have to carry the child as I recall this is also an issue for you.

Go have some fun for Pete's sake!

I was recently diagnosed with bulbar palsey, my first symptom was not trouble swallowing but food and drink going down then wrong way ( still does) I have some issues with speaking,comes and goes, try putting your chin to your chest when swallowing, it helps me. The muscle faticulations (probably spelled wrong) is my issue, been on rilutek for a week, it is helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back