Does anyone go to the ALS clinic at MGH in Boston?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustTrying

Distinguished member
Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Ma
City
xyz
I have to get a couple more tests done and paperwork in order, but I am going to make an appt. there next month, if they will take me that soon.

Is there a particular doctor you like?

Thank you.

My sister sees Merit Cudkowicz. She is great. I also know someone who sees James Berry and likes him too. And the other doctor whose name begins with A can't remember it just now Atassi?Also heard positive things about him. If you can get a referral I would call for an appointment as soon as possible as it usually takes a while to get in
Good luck
Nikki

My dad was just diagnosed there. He sees Dr. David, who is in charge of the EMG lab. You might want to start with him if you're just getting diagnosed. I have also heard good things about Dr. Atassi. I agree with Nikki, get the referral ASAP, because it took several weeks to get in. The only thing that I don't like is that the patient has to move from room to room and it gets fatiguing. At Lahey I hear that the patient stays in one exam room and the clinicians move around.

I have an appt with Dr Berry in two weeks. the head doctor was too busy with patients. I am going to ask for a more thorough EMG this time, now that I have a better sense of what I am looking at. Also, my weakness has gotten worse as has the fasiculations, so I bet the EMG will show more.

Thanks everyone for replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back