11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
This friday is als world awarness day.

Today on a uk show this was highlighted by an interview with a lady who's husband died young of hereditory als....see below.
http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/living-with-motor-neurone-disease/

He made a documentary before he died to raise awarness, its called "i am breathing" life with mnd
This will be shown later in the month in around 26 countries.
Will find out which channels when the time comes.

Thanks for posting this, Olly.

Please, let me know once you can confirm the TV channels that will be broadcasting this.
I look forward to watch it.

NH

Brant Gumballs sports show did an inspiring segegment on a pro football player....hope it re-airs also.

I looked into it more and found it will screen in cinemas as a trailer accross the world on this friday 21st.
They did say it would be on tv later in the month...full version i expect.
If you would like a little preview go here..........
http://www.iambreathingfilm.com/
Click on play trailer.

you can click on blue box" find a scrrening near you"If you are able to attend a screening.

Last edited:
So, Olly, it will be shown at theaters, right?
I had thought it was for TV only.

NH

Shown in theaters/cinemas and community places on friday first and then as a documentary later ..........as i understand and according to the interview.
You can attend a screening near you or click on the relevent blue button on link in my above post to hold your own screening anywhere even private in your own home....you would need to do this today or tomorrow.
I think there is a charge as this goes to als research ect,so its also a fund raiser as well.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I just came across this. I work with the filmmakers of I AM BREATHING and run our outreach campaign together with my colleagues Rebecca and Demelza.

What Olly said is correct. You can still host your own screenings. The film will be on television later this year but not before September.

Trailer & booking tool:

I Am Breathing

Best wishes from Edinburgh,
Ben

Ok,i sent a message to the documentary company asking if we could download a copy for the forum.awaiting a reply.
I alsp pm'ed david if he could organise this.
It is downloadable as a pdf file for screening.
I am sure many pals/cals would like to see it and we have thousands of vistors.
Awaiting replies and will get back to you.

Hi,heard back from them and unfortunatly its not available to put online only the trailer which i have done.
You can still go on site and organise your own screening copy.
The dvd will be out to buy(donated to als research) later in the year.
Sorry about that.

Email recieved.

Hi Caroline,

Many thanks for getting in touch. The film is not available to be put up online. The trailer can be shared and people can contact us if they would like to organise screenings - this includes screenings of any size within MND associations. We'll be doing a DVD release later in the year but we are asking all screening hosts to only use their copy for the purposes of global screening day.

For access to the film trailer and further information on how to publicise the film and the campaign please visit the following links:

I Am Breathing ? The Film

It would be fantastic if you could make people aware of the film by sharing our campaign goals and trailer on your website. Please do get in touch if you have any other thoughts on how we can use the film to raise awareness of MND.

Thanks so much,
Rebecca

Email recieved.

Hi Caroline,

Many thanks for getting in touch. The film is not available to be put up online. The trailer can be shared and people can contact us if they would like to organise screenings - this includes screenings of any size within MND associations. We'll be doing a DVD release later in the year but we are asking all screening hosts to only use their copy for the purposes of global screening day.

For access to the film trailer and further information on how to publicise the film and the campaign please visit the following links:

www.iambreathing.com/film
www.iambreathing/media

It would be fantastic if you could make people aware of the film by sharing our campaign goals and trailer on your website. Please do get in touch if you have any other thoughts on how we can use the film to raise awareness of MND.

Thanks so much,
Rebecca

Rebecca Day
Scottish Documentary Institute | SDI Productions Ltd
ECA, 78 West Port, Edinburgh,
EH1 2LE, Scotland UK

There is a screening of the documentary i am breathing, friday june 21 at 7pm in ottawa (details can also be found on als canada's website under events :)

For those in the States, CNN, is doing a 3 day series on ALS with Dr Sanjay Guthpa (sp?) Also the recent scandal with the radio station in Atlanta making fun of former football player, Steve Gleason, has been given a lot of media attention.

Seems like my original reply (see above) which was "awaiting moderation" has now been posted, thanks.

The film is starting to be an excellent fundraising tool for MND awareness and research. While making it available online for free may help with general awareness it would essentially rule out its use for further fundraising, so we don't want to do that just yet.
Hope you understand?

Nighthawk - TV broadcasts confirmed so far are More 4 in the UK, DR in Denmark, YLE in Finland, and Doc24 (?) in Russia. But we don't have any dates yet.

I think the screening of the award-winning documentary I AM Breathing campaign is a great way for anybody to help raise awareness, reach out and get local media attention. It is also a way to raise funds for ALS/MND reseach.*

On their website, there are lots of ideas on how we can access the documentary and use it to help raise awareness. It is a good idea to visit their website.*

This campaign offers easy educational tools and guidance on how to present the screening of the documentary. It has been thought out properly. I hope more people jump on board and participate. To me, it is more than just a documentary. It is a lovely opportunity to be heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back