Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Pearshoot has been after me for the last 2 or 3 years to attend a local support group meeting. They welcome PLS'ers along with PALS. I didn't count but it looked like there were probably a dozen or so in attendance. Tacos, fresh vegetables and bottled water were served complimentary. There was even one lady that skyped in over the internet.

It was a pleasant meeting with a lot of good information passed down. I would encourage everyone diagnosed with a motor neuron disease to attend your local support group meetings. Some of the information passed along is of great value. It is also a place to make new friends and perhaps become of value to someone needing a boost and a great place to get a boost!

I have been encouraged greatly!

Thanks Pearshoot!

I'm glad you decided to participate in these meetings.
I try to attend myself to every one of the monthly meetings. It's a therapy for me to spend time with other PALS undergoing the same problems I have. Also, I can make new friends (PALS and CALS), help and comfort others and get useful information from our lady representative of our ALS Association (ALSA).

NH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back