PALS
Country
US
State
FL
City
Orlando
Hi all,

First, I've got to say, all of you who post regularly are truly remarkable people. After reading 100's of posts that much is clear.

I've been lurking for a few months, hoping that my symptoms would simply disappear, but as yet they have not.

I know from reading all of the posts that everyone's onset is different and can take many different paths. My question is how long did anyone have fascics without any additional symptoms? I'm going on about 4 months with them and they don't really seem like a bag of worms as much as they do a sudden jerk every once in a while (ok, very frequently). The do occur pretty much all over my body. The few that I had in my stomache muscles dang near hurt! The one spot that they started (left tricep) almost never has them now and my tricep is still quite strong (for me :)) I sometimes feel that maybe my legs are leaden but that may be in my head more than anything else or could be from excercise I can still go 30 minutes pretty hard on an elipical machine.

I'm hoping someone will tell me I'm a fool and that I'll be around when my kids get married 10+ years from now.

I'll be seeing my primary doc in a month for some follow up and will be asking for a referral to a neuro if this is still around.

thanks for your precious time,
Concerned

your symtoms sound just like mine when they started you need to see a nero i have now decreased reflex in my arms i dont think anything is wrong with you after 4 months if you dont have any other symtoms but its always good to make sure.

thoughts and prayers

Dear Concerned,
I just wanted to let you know that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You have landed in the right place for answers and support. Keep us posted on your situation.
Toni

Hi Concerned - 30 minutes on the elliptical is great! Do you work out alot? I have read that sometimes exercise will induce muscle twitching. Hopefully that is all you have, maybe benign fasciculation syndrome, and you will see your kids and your grandkids grow! Leslie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back