Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
Today is the first memorial of Al petit or fondley known as Grandpa Al.

To the benefit of newcomers........Al was are supermodorater.
Origionally there was a canadian als forum that was being shut down.
Al new how important it was to keep the forum running for the benefit of the als community.
Al asked david to help to move the forum and run it......this wonderful place was created thanks to Al and David.

Al is never far from my mind when i come here,more so the past few weeks.

I think its important to remember Al who not only helped us get this forum but to those who did know him to remember him for the wonderful caring supportive friend he was to us all.
Also to show Al's wife Lee and family that we still think of them and share there loss.

So please,take a few moments to remember when you are on the forum today.

To Lee and family,my thoughts are with you today.

Thanks for the reminder. Al was a great man and is sorely missed by those of us who "knew" him. Not to hijack the thread but I miss Alan and Richard too as well as many other absent friends.

Al was a great guy, and is greatly missed by everyone that knew him.

That goes without saying nikki,the first part of last year was a very sad time with so many wonderful people and friends passing.....annie,joelc ,richard,glen just to name a few.
We have lost many wonderful people over the years such as bethu and others.......but without this forum we would not have had the privilidge to have known them all.
Tomorrow is also the first memorial of Trfogey/alan who i adored very much and will be thinking of him and his family.

I think of Al and his family often. He was the first person who reached out to me when my husband was being diagnosed. He was a huge inspiration to both Eric and myself. He is truly missed!

Thanks, Olly for bringing this to our attention.

Al Pettit was a great human being and a gentleman.
He will be sorely missed forever. I think his personality is irreplaceable.

Even when I never exchanged posts with him (I was lurking these forums since I suspected I might have ALS back mid-2011 but didn't register until 01/2013) but I read many of his posts and all of them were very well thought out and compassionate.

May him rest in peace and I hope we can follow his example and keep these forums as a safe haven for PALS, CALS and anyone looking for help and support on dealing with this disease.

NH

Missing so many

I am sorry I didn't get to know many of the PALS who have passed away. They all sound like wonderful people from everyone's post. May they all have eternal life now in paradise with God. I pray for peace and happy memories for their friends and family.

Hard to believe it has been a year. what a great man.

He will live as long as we remember him...

It really doesn't feel like a year.

Memory eternal, Al.

Miss you Grandpa Al! And the rest of the gang in the sandbox...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back