Diagnosis
02/2009
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Plano
Finally got to the point of titration but the tech could not find anything that improves my inability to breathe laying down. Even commented how bad things have deteriorated from the sleep study 4 weeks ago. Next step...another night of titration. I did sleep better last night than I have for several weeks. :-o

So sorry Eddie. Keep trying don't give up!

@Uptown:

Has your PT tried stacking breathing exercises to improve your breathing and your FVC?

I found this information from an old thread here on these forums and quoted it for you, it might be worth a try if you are having breathing issues:

Breath Stacking is an exercise that may help to keep the small air pasages open or re-open them if they have become closed. This may help you get a big enough breath so that you can cough better to clear phlegm from your throat.
Sit on the edge of the bed or chair in an upright position.
Relax your shoulders.
Take in a small breath, and hold this breath for one second.
(Concentrate on filling the bases of the lungs.) Do NOT exhale!
Take in a larger breath on top of the smaller breath, and then hold for one second. Do NOT exhale!
Take in an even larger breath that will completely fill your lungs.
Now hold your breath for three to ten seconds.
Slowly exhale through pursed lips.
Repeat this exercise two to four times per day

I hope this helps.

NH

I have been doing this for about 7 months using an ambu bag. Thanks for the tip. Just need to tie myself to the wall to sleep and all will be fine. Maybe some Velcro clothes would work.

Have you considered a cough assist to help with the breathing exercises during the day in prep for sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back