Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
WA
City
Puyallup
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure some things out. I was in Afghanistan and over a period of two months started noticing a lot of changes in my body. I'm currently back in the United States in MD. My left bicep is smaller than my right bicep (well actually my entire left side of my body is for the most part), my left arm is weak and I have atrophy of my left shoulder muscles.

ADM: 1/5
FDI: 1/5 (all my fingers except thumb are curving in towards my palm now)

I've been feeling like I have a rapid heart rate and a trembling feeling where my stomach looks like it is shivering. My left knee locks up and makes me limp and my right foot does the same. I've been a runner for 12 years now and I ran a 9:26 2 mile in December yet today I ran and at 7:30 per mile pace for only 10 minutes and my left leg was very sluggish. Afterwards both legs were really sore and that is very abnormal for me.

I also feel like using my left hand is getting more difficult and I'm performing badly on all the strength tests especially on my pinky and index finger. I was just wondering if there is any way you can give me any feedback on what is going on? My neurologist thought it may have been a spine problem so I got a spine MRI and nothing resulted then the neurologist thought it could have been a nerve injury/nerve pinched so I had MRIs on my wrist/hand/ulnar nerve area and they found no injury. One neurologist suggested to be possible PMA while I was in Germany on my way back from deployment but since then the neurologist in America doesn't like to bring up motor neuron disease and doesn't think it is likely because I'm 23 years old and in good shape other than the left side weakness/atrophy(I may appear to be in good shape for most people but for myself I am not in good shape).
The neurologist said both my EMG/EEG tests (I took them both twice) were abnormal but he wasn't able to provide me with any diagnosis or anything and now I have to do checkups every month to see if I maintain the loss of muscle and function. My left hand has significant atrophy and that is where I first noticed the problem.
Any feedback from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Could this be a MND or what?
CJP

Hi,

You have this same thread with the same title somewhere else on these forums and, you are already getting responses from other forum members on that duplicate thread.
Thus, I guess you should close this one to avoid confusion.

Just a thought.

:)

Yeah I want to for sure..I just can't figure out how! I'm sorry...I'll look around harder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back