Friend was DX
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Friendswood
Hi
My friend has just been diagnosed with Als, I feel so useless, she has been referred to Dr Appel but can't get an appointment until June, she is desperate to start some medication but can't get anyone to prescribe it until she sees Dr Appel

there is only one medicine approved to help slow progression and its questionable. this is only what i believe, others disagree, western medicine has nothing to offer, consider eastern medicine ( not accupunture), just get your body as healthy as possible so your immune system can fight this as it is intended to do

Hi,

You could start by trying to contact your Local Chapter of the ALS Association.
They will probably send somebody to your home to asses the needs of your PALS (Person with ALS) and can come up with equipment from their "Loaner Closet" that would be necessary to your PALS such as rolling walkers, wheelchairs, Lifts, shower chairs, etc.

Just contact them as soon as possible to start the process of getting the equipment she will need down the road.

It's better than just sitting there and waiting until the Doctor or the ALS Clinic at the hospital can see her.

Hope this helps.

NH

Thank you so much. I am from England but live here in Houston. My friend seems to be going downhill so fast, a few weeks ago she could still play a few holes of golf, then she fell at the gym and now each day she seems weaker, her speech comes and goes, mentally she is fine, still plays cards. I feel she is frustrated, thanks for mentioning the local chapter, will get on to them today
Thanks Pearshoot for your suggestion of Eastern medicine, I am a great believer in Holistic treatments, worked with a Doctor in England, but have found it hard to find anyone here, from my experiences here in Houston they are very stuck in traditional but will keep searching

Thank you so much for your suggestions, I wish you well living with this monster disease, you are all so brave God Bless you all

And in the meantime, start doing all the most fun activities she can do that she's always wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back