Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
AU
State
NSW
City
New Lambton
Simple question, what's the best way to keep your mouth and throat clean and moist when you can't drink anymore ?

Menthol candy sugar-free ..........

enjoy ........

Nikola

As far as the mouth goes, you can get swabs that help moisten the mouth. They will also make it feel fresh and clean. if brushing your teeth causes choking, these are the best option, I think.

Are you able to suck on candies at all? Just the sucking should cause a level of saliva that may moisten the throat a bit.

hmmm candy sounds good but I'm afraid of choking because my tongue is basically gone movement wise. I was imagining like a spray bottle or ice shavings to moisten and a damp chux type cloth to clean, does anyone do something like that? Or any other ideas?

Several mouth moisturizing products out there.
Bio tene makes a spray that works. I'm not thrilled with the taste but it does the job

My Speech Therapist recommended Biotene which is sold in spray and toothpaste forms.

Don't know if that helps with the 'clean' part or just the moist--but the toothettes will keep the mouth fresh at least. (I can't stand my own morning breath!)

the biotene spray works good and it also cuts the thick spit in my mouth besides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back