Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Ma
City
Lynn
My name is amber and I have anxiety which is what brought me here but I won't ramble about my issues that I cause myself and why I'm here. What I do want to do is shed an inspiring story for people that are suffering from ALS/MND. Seven years ago I met my wonderful fiancé. When I met his whole family I discovered his uncle had ALS. I didn't understand much at the time but I do now. ( my fiancé dad suffers from MS) anyway. His uncle was diagnosed at 33 with limb onset and ended up in a wheel chair in a little over a year with a PEG. After his diagnosis he and his wife decided to get pregnant and he had a beautiful baby girl. That was 18 years ago and he has watched her grow every single one of those 18 years. And still going strong. He is happy and well taken care of by his wonderful wife. I believe he has gone this long because of his will to watch his daughter grow. Even though he can't communicate his eyes light up when we visit. He's funny because he still communicates through eye movement and tells his daughter she cant do things and parents along with his wife. We hold a huge fundraiser for ALS every June to help with this disease. I just thought I would share an amazing story and give encouragement and hope to people with ALS/MND. Don't give up. Gary ( my uncle in law ) is an excellent example that there is life after diagnosis. Prayers for all of you.

Thank you for the up-lifting post! Your uncle sounds amazing, as does your entire family.

Longevity, with quality if life, is something I aspire to.

Thanks for sharing, Amber!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back