Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
SK
State
Slovakia
City
Bratislava
I'm really frustrated I cannot help my husband from the very painfull torso cramps during the nights. Only two weeks after his peg surgery I cannot use physical methods like massages or heat. I used to use infrared lamp or hair dryer for warming his torso.

I need better chemical method. Our nights are like 1 hour of sleeping, than 30min of strong pain of torso cramps and then repeating sleeping and pain. He takes 20mg Baclofen daily. I know this is a very little amount but he is still without bipap and we are afraid that a higher dosage will affect his breathing. He takes 10mg diazepam and 5mg morphin just before sleeping. Then he takes 2mg riluzol two hours later. Then another two hours later we choose between 5mg diazepam or 1mg riluzol. During day there is our anticramps choice Novalgin(Analgin).

I was thinking of changing Riluzol to Timonil (carbamazepin). But I think I need some days to decrement Riluzol and I'm afraid to days with lower dosage Riluzol and no Timonil. Does anybody have a really good experiences with carbamazepin?

My husband is young man, he is 42y old and although he is fully paralysed, he can move only his head, his muscles are still strong and atrophy move along slowly and I think this cause so strong cramps. But what to do with it? We are in the war against this disease from 04/2011.

Thank for your advice.

Recommendations for painful cramping:

-Carbamazepin 200 mg
-Magnezijum
-Vitamin E

Guud luck !

Correction:
As I wrote riluzol I mean klonazepam. We use klonazepam like brand name Rivotril. I know riluzol is active stuff of rilutek. I'm sorry to make this mistake which change my post to I'm not normal to use rilutek like anticramps drug. You know, sleep deprivation, full time job and I'm making mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back