Learn about ALS
Country
GR
State
greece
City
Athens
Hi
I wanted to ask what is the probability of a 20 years old boy develop bulbar ALS?
No family history of ALS (at least until now, although my parents are young (45),
I would also like some explanation about the calculations if possible.
Thanks in advance

Approximately 5000 diagnosed in the US each year with ALS from the general population. Most are above age fifty. So without any exact numerical analysis, about like dying in an avalanche. Rare, but it happens.

This is your 4th thread... Have you taken the time to seek counselling yet?

YOU recently posted the following: please believe what you already know.

.....Actually the posibility of me having the disease is 0.000045% which is small, but still i am afraid, what if i am that one person? (its easier to gain the lottery and be a billionaire than have bulbar ALS in my age)..

Sorry, i am trying hard to let it go but i can't. I will have blood tests in 2 weeks. I just wanted to know some statistics! Sorry if i am a noissance.I actually calculated once again the probability and it's even smaller. ( 0.00000375%).
Have gone to a neuro he said i was fine but he didn't check my tongue or throat. I also have family history of thyroid, so i am suspecting something like thyroid abnormal function (studying biology so i know the basics).
Sorry to put you into trouble.
May God be with you. :)

Please get a grip on ourself, don't you see how sick you are making yourself? Please, please get some counciling. The more you dwell here the sicker you are becoming. I am begging you to seek some help. I am praying for you and wishing you peace.

Vickim
I will try my best! Seriously, i won't let myself thing anymore about ALS or other deadly diseases! It's time to move on and get back to my old self! Completely once and for all! Thank you
May God be with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back