Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
AU
State
NSW
City
New Lambton
Does everyone know about about the eye tribe ? I've been emailing them for about 6 months trying to find out when they're going to release a product so I can report to you about functionality for pals. It could be life changing !

I can't answer your question, as I hadn't heard about Eye Tribe before. But thanks for mentioning it.

I just googled this. Wow, it's a hands free "iPad" type device. Games, searching the net, etc. all with just eye gaze. You Tube even shows a demonstration. The technology seems to be geared toward the general population, but later stage PALS would benefit the most! Awesome, everybody google and take a look.

i know about eyetribe but apple isn't even mentioning it yet. hope it works out

Yes it potentially could be excellent for anyone that has limited hand functionality (like myself).. I wouldn't bother with apple products though because they probably won't be making any deals with them, probably only android tablets with windows 8 initially but that's absolutely fine with me because I prefer android anyway .. I've already got my eye on a mount to hold it !

Hello Karvoka
I don't know if this can help or not but Eye Tribe's updates can be found on twitter and facebook. They will be at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona during last week of Feb/13. I hope this will be on the market really soon. It sounds pretty good. Makes me want to take up video games! Thanks for posting. I don't think I would have known otherwise.
Cheers!

Hi Cricket
Thanks for the info, I've been following them on facebook but not twitter .. Don't be discouraged because you aren't interested in video games though you should be able to control basically any android app and there's tens of thousands (anything from ebooks to universal remote control apps) .. Fingers crossed that its as precise as like a smartnav 4 pointer or better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back