Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NC
City
Rowland
I hate to keep asking questions, but there is so much garbage on the internet, and I want answers from PALS or their relatives. I have all the symptoms pointing to ALS, but a neurologist and all those expensive test is something I just can't afford. I have insurance, but still with the co pay and deductible, it's out of my financial range. My question: When it's just anxiety, do you twitch all over or can it be confined to one area? I have noticed a weakness in my right shoulder, arm, hands and fingers for months, only my right and left shoulders and arms twitch. My biceps twitch the most, and it is everyday, all day. My triceps twitch the second most, and my forearms twitch the least. I have never recalled twitching in my legs or feet. Thanks for all you help.

You are clearly very worried. I understand but we are not doctors. Only a doctor can examine, assess and give you an answer. Anything else is speculation.

I think, if I were in the same situation as you find yourself, I would sell my computer, or cell or whatever else I could in order to afford a consultation and tests.

If you really think you have ALS, you need to go to the Neuro. We can not really diagnose you or help you.

If you cant afford to go... Then stop worrying and asking question--and keep living your life. If you have it, worry and a doctor's visit will not help you and if you do not have it, then you are going on with your life as you should.

Why don't you make the appt now because they ususally have a couple month wait period. save some money up. if you are having worse symptoms then you go to the appt. and if you start feeling better take the money and take your wife out to dinner.

Please don't expect us to give you all the answers.

Best of luck

I am not seeking anyone's financial advice or a diagnoses. I am only seeking the experiences of ALS victims. If you do not know the answer to my question, please don't respond. Thanks

Wow, a little harsh response don't you think Tabkb. You got good advise from two extremely helpful forum members....what exactly were you looking for? My PALS is coming into year two and does not "twitch" all over. Hope that helps!

Ruth

... but there is so much garbage on the internet, .

You got that right!

You do not need anecdotal accounts of other people's ALS journeys. These would not serve you well. If you do want them nonetheless, suggest you read old posts and seek your answers there.

People took time to reply to you, and you hissed back.

Go to a doctor. But be polite. You'll get better service that way. Guaranteed.

... . I am only seeking the experiences of ALS victims. If you do not know the answer to my question, please don't respond. Thanks

I have ALS... But I am NOT a victim. Not by a long shot. :p

fasciculation doubt

hello goodnight
well not notice in my English because I am Brazilian and my english very poor,
well I would like to ask a question to the staff of the forum, some days I have had several days fasciculations by the body, but what kind of hand we start, they stop, but for a week now, I'm having a fasciculation in the palm, right next to the thumb, coming to proprio thumb do have several abrupt contractions when I'm moving the hand they stop, but they are starting to get rest in her lap sometimes weak, sometimes strong moving your thumb, and worse at night and she will comes, will be that I have to worry about with als, like the opinion of you

Well I am sorry you haven't realized you are a victim. When I was 12, I was a victim of a car wreck, I am also a victim of acid reflux that's ate away the lining of my stomach, and for several months, I have had many als symptoms and feel I may be a victim of that. I only got on the forum here because I thought there may be some friendly people with als who could share with me some info, that may be similar to what I'm going through.

But this forum is like most forums on the internet, pretty much controlled by a few people who compete to give the most clever answers, whether practical or not, whether helpful or not.

Signing out for good....

Lets hope it is for good.

I didn't realize telling you to go to a doctor was clever, I thought that was common sense...

:)

Re: fasciculation doubt

netimus,

Do you mean that you have had fasciculations in only your hand? Or do you mean that you have had fasciculations in other parts of your body? And has this been going on for a week?

Have you seen a neurologist yet? I ask because you indicate that you are "in the process of being diagnosed with ALS/MND."

I recommend that you start your own discussion thread. You will get more answers.

Bob

Quer dizer que você teve fasciculações em apenas sua mão? Ou você quer dizer que você teve fasciculações em outras partes do seu corpo? E isso vem acontecendo por uma semana?

Você já viu uma neurologista ainda? Eu pergunto porque você indicar que você está "in o processo de ser diagnosticado com ALS/MND."

Eu recomendo que você comece seu próprio thread de discussão. Você obterá mais respostas.

Eu usei Babelfish para a tradução, então peço desculpas para os pobres portugueses.

hello goodnight
well not notice in my English because I am Brazilian and my english very poor,
well I would like to ask a question to the staff of the forum, some days I have had several days fasciculations by the body, but what kind of hand we start, they stop, but for a week now, I'm having a fasciculation in the palm, right next to the thumb, coming to proprio thumb do have several abrupt contractions when I'm moving the hand they stop, but they are starting to get rest in her lap sometimes weak, sometimes strong moving your thumb, and worse at night and she will comes, will be that I have to worry about with als, like the opinion of you

i have had als three years a none of your sympthoms indicate als started with loss of srength in right hand and arm that continued to get worse, never better. now loss of strength in right arm and hand, both legs. als always progresses, never goes away

People with ALS are like snowflakes, all are different. Two people with the same disease could have completely different symptoms. But you asked specifically about twitching. My husband's experience so far is constant twitching, mostly in his tongue, biceps, and forearms. He has some in his legs, too. In regard to muscle weakness, nothing in ALS comes and goes. Once gone, always gone. You say you can't afford to be diagnosed (or not). I don't mean to be blunt, but better you know now. If you do have ALS you are in for a road of great financial burden and you will need to start planning now! This initial appointment will be the least of your financial concerns. If you don't have ALS you can breathe easy. Take everyone's advice and see a neuro, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. God bless you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back