Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
pa
City
greensburg
Going to see my mom yesterday was by far the hardest thing my family had to do. when I walked in and saw her in her hospital bed she hardly even acknowledged us as she started to cry. Then we all cried as my daughter gave her a Christmas animated snowman which sang to her. Mom tried to push the snowman's leg to make it sing again but was to weak to make it happen so we just stayed by her side and held her hand.

Instead of ham this year for Christmas Eve she ate one container of Pumpkin yogurt which I had to hand feed her. I don't know how much longer she can live with out eating anything and live on Morphine and Valium.

I know this sure did ruin my Christmas but I had to do it for her.

I know there are many of you in the same vote as me please talk about it and share your Christmas experience with us to help all of us get through these difficult time.

Merry Christmas!

Teee-

I am sure your Mom was elated to see you and your children. Focus on and hang on to that- I would bet your Mom is. It's tough for you, but she'll have a good memory of the day. Your children witnessed first hand the true meaning of love, dignity and respect. I can't think of a better Christmas present for them: a life lesson, which gifts are seemingly largely absent in this world of shallow obsessions.

One must wonder, while you spooned the yogurt, if it brought to mind for your Mom, for a scant moment, fond memories of the days she did the same for you.

Merry Christmas. You are a loving mother's child.

Teee,
I know how hard it is to also to see a parent's health decline. It hurts me to watch my dad who is 78 and who was in better shape then most 30 year olds not to be able to even walk without assistance anymore. He used to walk for mile and miles at a rapid pace. But, I'm sure it meant the world to your mother for you to be there for her along with your children. I try to spend as much time as possible with my dad and try to savor each moment as best we can. I do totally understand your pain and heartbreak though. Sending you a virtual hug. Hang in there. There are alot of us on your team. Kim

you are there for her and that is what matters.

I'm sorry about your Mom... try to just be in the present or talk to her about good times that you shared.

I'm guessing that she chose not to get the peg? Many of the PALS who I met here lived for years on that... not sure its feasible in your Mom's situation but look for Barry or Rcharlton's posts for more insight.

it is very hard to go thur and i know the hurt and anger and the why's hugs

I echo what Ruth says--very hard to go through. Lots of warm wishes and hugs being sent to you

Laurel

darling you were there, showing your love just by your being there! I especially love what ottowa girl has to say too. Bless you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back