Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
California
City
Menlo Park
Hi. My name is Austin Marcus. I currently am a senior in high school and currently learning about ALS in my anatomy class. I have be inspired by the those with ALS and am eager to learn more about it. Ideally, I would love to talk to anyone (assuming they feel comfortable) about their experience with ALS. I am most curious about the effect ALS has on people's emotional side. The determination and mental toughness it takes to live with ALS is amazing and I am excited to understand it and further appreciate it. I recognize that for many it is very hard to talk about, but I would love to hear people's stories!

Sincerely,
Austin

Austin,
I would suggest that you look at the topics in this forum and see how people respond to each other and then draw your own conclusions. Our stories come out bit by bit as we develop a relationship with each other. I, for one, am not willing to bare our details of living this life with someone in one post. This is not the life we choose to live, many type with one finger or eye gaze or speech to text so it is difficult to communicate. If you have an ALS association in your community, go volunteer...
Best wishes in your search,
Jen

Austin... I agree with Jen... if you look through all the information already on the forum boards you'll learn a lot. Then you can come back and ask specific questions.

Austin,

Please provide a name and email address for your anatomy class teacher.

Thank you everyone for your responses and suggestions. I will certainly look into the other posts. I completely understand and can only imagine the physical and emotional struggles that occur. Best of luck to everyone. Katie, I am volunteering at a UCSF ALS clinic all day tomorrow!

Austin, good for you! You'll love the people there and learn a LOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back