Diagnosis
09/2011
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Miami
my mom has been very very weak these last couple of weeks all she does is sleep, and she is very weak, does anyone know what i should try to boost her energy a little, she has a peg...im not sure what to give...
amy:-(

Has she had her breathing checked? Is she using a bipap? The symptoms your describing could be from CO2 buildup... that's the first thing I would have checked.

Also, if she's not getting enough calories that will put one into torpor as well, and she'll be a lot functionally weaker than her situation would otherwise allow.

My neurologist prescribed a drug called Mestinon. I take half a tablet three times a day after meals. It is not a new drug, it was developed for myasthenia gravis. It's generic now very inexpensive. And the side effects are not too bad. It has greatly reduced my fatigue. I think it's worth asking about.

I too am on mestinon and it been a god send for me. But luke told me about what he called a mito cocktail. Ask him and he will gladly tell you about it I know coq10 is in it. You can also go to mitocation.org and there are several different cocktails. I would consult a doctor before I did anything though.

yes, she is currently using the bipap, but she gets tired soo quickly...they could never check her breathing because of her laughing episodes...she just starts laughing and can never get a test done...

thanks for replying, she is currently taking 4 cans a day of Jevity 1.5....she is weighing last time i checked 135 pounds

thanks...will ask her doctor about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back