Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
US
State
GA
City
Thomasville
We are moving 10 hours away to be near near family in southern GA. Once we are settled we will need to transfer to a new ALS clinic. Can anyone give us advice; do we travel 5 hours (and through Atlanta traffic) to attend the Emory ALS clinic, or do we travel 2 hours to Jacksonville, FL to attend the Mayo ALS clinic there? Are there advantages to living in the same state as the clinic you attend or would it not matter? If we went to Emory we would consider spending the night in a hotel the evening after a clinic visit. Jacksonville would be a day visit. Maybe someone can give us more insight on these two clinics. We want to weigh the pros and cons. Thanks!

Are you able to participate in trials? Emory gets most trials, not sure about Jacksonville.

we went to Mayo in the begining. Dr. Boylan is great. I think being close is better as travel ets worse. you can always change cliics later any way if you want to stay with Emory for now. We changed from mayo to Tampa because it was closer and Mayo took to long to get to.

I go to Mayo clinic in Jacksonville. Dr Boylan and the staff are very knowledgeable and professional.

Don't know about the clinics, but check here for your local ALS chapter in GA.

We use Vanderbilt, BUT my husband's brother also has ALS and lives in Jax. He really likes the Mayo ALS Clinic as well as the ALS Support down there. Best Wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back