Other
Country
US
State
ut
City
park city
Hello everyone,
Probably everyone knows that NP 001 is due to wrap up a trial sometime this month. To refresh memories included at the bottom of this note is some anecdotal graphical data prepared by a an expert PALS, and two quotes (edited as appropriate) extracted from months ago e-mail activity.

This treatment may be the most promising yet (except for stem cell) to be on the doorstep ready to apply for FDA approval, and manufacturing ramp-up.

Assuming all goes well here are the 5 questions for you.

1 – Are you willing to join us in a letter writing and phone campaign to help the FDA say yes?
2 – Are you willing to help raise funds for an expanded access program?
3 - Are you ready to provide personal testimony that may help NP 001?
4 - Are you willing to work with us to assure NP 001 becomes available?
5 - Are you willing to help us recruit new advocates for ALSTUN? We have an excellent selection of important jobs to fit any volunteer's strengths, knowledge, time constraints, or desires for fulfillment.

Please respond by Friday with your answers to these five questions.

Thank you.

My husband did the Phase 1 safety trial of NP001. He was denied access to Phase 2, as his D X of ALS was over 3 yrs. My husband was very angry about not being allowed access to the Phase 2. I wish I could answer yes to your questions, however, my husband is still angry, and wants nothing to do with this study. HUGS Lori

I wasn't aware of np001 so just did a little Googling. I think I understand the basic theory behind the drug, but I have a question. I just read that an early study proved np001 to have a positive effect on a blood biomarker for ALS. I thought one of the biggest hurdles to finding effective treatments was that there currently is no single biomarker for ALS. Do we know what this blood biomarker is, as it seems to be the basis for all the excitement? Maybe I misunderstood what I just read -- entirely possible. Thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back