minnesota lawmakers push to destroy Lou Gerhigs legacy for political gain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not enough we(ALS patients)are dying of an incurable disease that you probably know little about.It's not enough that there are trials going into stage 3 that we who die within 3-5 years of diagnosis are denied access. Instead of working to help us,you attack our heroes for nothing more than political notoriety. Aren't there enough dead or living people to study that you need to try to destroy the legacy of a great american hero.You are a disgusting person.

Joseph B Ormston
diagnosed ALS 10-2008

Representative Phyllis Kahn (DFL) District: 59B
* 353 State Office Building
100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55155
651-296-4257

Aren't there more pressing needs than this? How about they fund more money for patients and research?

I wish they would release the records. Too much time, attention and money are being spent on the question of whether or not Lou Gehrig died from ALS. Why lawmakers would be involved is beyond me. I think releasing the records would end the speculation once and for all.

From the article:

"Gehrig biographer Jonathan Eig, who tried unsuccessfully to get Gehrig's medical records while researching his 2005 book "Luckiest Man," said he was able to interview Mayo Clinic doctors who saw the records, including one who knew a doctor who treated Gehrig. He said they confirmed that the ballplayer had the classic symptoms of ALS."

I don't think there is any doubt that Lou Gehrig died of ALS. What set it in motion is probably something we will never know. I think if anyone knew that answer, we would be on our way to a cure.

It's not so much that they want the records.What exactly do they believe that 71 year old medical records can tell them that modern day medicine cant tell them from studying concussion sufferers today.The fact that a politician , who wants to release medical records they believe may show the Hall of Famers death was due to repeated concussions not ALS. What good can come from a change in diagnosis?Throw more confusion into a medical condition that defies understanding just to appease a politicians need for recognition?It just smells of some personal agenda of this person with no consideration of the people suffering this terrible affliction.If they would spend their efforts towards the living instead they might actually accomplish something good.

Joseph

Read more: Yankee legend Lou Gehrig's medical records sought for possible concussion link | Fox News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back