Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
Fredonia
I was just contacted by phone by a man named Martin (Marty) Murray. He intimated that he was a local person who was looking to contact others in the area with ALS and said he'd seen the recent article about my husband in our local paper. It turns out that he is a scam artist, living down by NYC, who preys on people with ALS. When I realized his intent, I hung up on him and did a search here on the forums. There are several warnings about him from a few years ago, but it looks like he is on the prowl again, so be aware and do not answer his calls. If you do not have caller ID just hang up when he identifies himself. He registered here on the Forums in July, so apparently he is trawling for more victims. Stuff like this is so upsetting!

Thanks for letting us know. There are so many scammers out there. Sorry, for your reason for being on this forum dragonflydi but please know that you and everyone on this forum are in my prayers. May God bless you for doing your best to care for your loved one. Kim

I just go-ogled "Marty Murray ALS "- goodness - there are lots of warnings about this guy.

Thank you alerting us - there are also threads from 2010 on this forum - but I don't know how to copy it here into this post.
Maybe SADIEMAE will do that for me?

Thanks for the info!

I just googled Marty Murray and I am amazed at his grandiousity and arrogance. I tried not to feel hate and contempt. But I cannot wish him well. Stay away from my life Mr. Murray - you are sick and deranged.

I Googled "Marty Murray ALS" Wow! A lot of info about him. None of it good.

Thanks, Sadiemae! I love the way we all pull together for stuff like this. --Diane

Wow! Thank you for the "heads up". Unreal.
Sick!

Thanks guys. I had never heard about this guy. Now I am forewarned. Thanks to you PALS and CALS.
How can some people be so cold and terrible. He will get his I am sure of it. There is a special place for people like that. And I bet it is not COLD there!

Thanks for the heads up!

It never ceases to amaze me the type of scumbags there are out there.

Thanks for the heads up.. We all have our plates full and we have to add this to it? Unreal....

Amazing! There's always some one lurking about to take advantage of the desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back