Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
ca
City
concord
I have been taking car of my mom who’s had asl for about 6 years now, currently she on a feeding tube and experiencing a lot of mucus build up, Would like to know if any of you guys have experience this what have you done etc.

Anything thats really help you guys along the way would help a great deal.

Thanks,

Joe.

Hi Joe welcome to the forum. Sorry about your mom. Some people have said the scopolamine patch helps and Amitriptyline has been used as well. Someone even suggested today on another thread that a mouthful of Coke helps. One said they swallow it and the other said they spit it out after swishing it around in their mouth. Does she have a Respirologist? Her Neuro should be able to recommend something as well.
AL.

Hi Joe.. Does she have choking problems, or just the build up? If she is choking, they have a cough assist machine that can help her get the mucus up and out. You are good to be taking care of her. It's not always an easy job, but I am sure it means a lot to her to have you. God Bless you! Teej

A suction machine was helpful for my father to remove mucus that he had managed to cough up, but was unable to get out of the back of his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back