Chemical in many antibacterial soaps linked with impaired muscle function

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thanks for sharing this article

I have heard that as well. Once you start looking you will see it in so many products! It is in all of the vulgate total products I believe.
Michelle

Oops...colgate total I meant!

Wow...please don't say all the Colgate products! I know it sounds weird but I have had significant issues with eczema for many many years, did a full blown allergy test. Narrowed it down to many things and through taking things in and our etc., at least a toothpaste I was using was a culprit and switched...on Dr's recommendation...switched to Colgate. Eczema cleared right up and have no issues since switching....now you are telling me this?
WOW!

It is many products but is always listed in the ingredients. It is a lousy antibacterial, and sometimes just kills off the weak ones and ticks off the strong ones. Have kept it out of my house for years. Early in my career I sold hospital disinfectants. Big fan of alcohol because it denatures the protein of the organism (like cooking an egg) but soap and water does wonders.

I'm a fan of soap and water too! Just wash long enough to sing twinkle, twinkle little star! The regular soap and mechanical action will keep you safe. Just do it often and keep surfaces you touch disinfected. Keep hands away from mouth, nose and eyes.
I'm a fan of Tom's toothpaste too. Read the labels, you'll be amazed by the ingredients in some.

Not all of the colgate products. I switched our family to a different colgate that doesnt have it! I forget what it is called.

I've never heard of triclosan, but I feel like I should take a look at the ingredients on my soap and shampoo, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back