Diagnosis
05/2011
Country
US
State
Pennsylvania
City
Greensburg
My husband is so tired. He can't sleep when he wants to. The spasms are so active that he can't sleep, he doesn't do very much at all and is tired. I'm worried!

What type of spasms is he having? Where? There should be something to help ease them a bit. Does he take anything to help him sleep? Thinking of you. Yasmin.

Please see the Doctor. There are meds to sleep, pain meds, meds to control our emotions. There is just no cure - but let's be comfortable if we can!

KissJ, forgive me for not remembering your past posts, but is he taking anything like Ambien (Zolpidem=generic) for sleep? That worked pretty well for my husband, most of the time. As for energy, as has been suggested by Yasmin and Jamie, consult the doc.

Amitriptyline and a valium worked really well for my husband. It also helps with the depression.

On all kinds of meds. Meds for depression, sleep, ...etc... We just went to Pittsburgh UPMC Hospital for breathing tests. He is having issues that way and I'm sure it is making him so tired, because he just can't seem to get a good night sleep.
Thanks all.

Does he have a bipap yet? I found that my breathing issues were exhausting me during the day

Kiss,
Elevate his head with extra pillows or a wedge pillow and get the BiPap.

Jen

Thank you all, we see the doctor tomorrow. :)

Keep us posted! Thinking of you both!

Jen

My hubby's breathing % has been amazing! It was 97 now it is 93. Despite some shortness of breath in some situations, he is doing Great! The doc told us he couldn't have a BiPap until the % was in the 50s. He continues to be more tired, but not as much. He had a horrible cold that I also had, and many people have told us that they also had or have. It is a doozie! So, beware!

Hooray for high numbers! Colds will take longer to get over for him now so you might want to ask for a compression vest and cough assist to help break up and move the gunk in his lungs.

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back