Diagnosis
07/2011
Country
NZ
State
NZ
City
NZ
Hi All, I have just joined and so pleased to find what I hope to be a helpful, supportive forum. I am still learning how the site works so thought the best place to start is to post some questions here. I have been doing alot of research online to try and find all the do's and don'ts in effort to slow the progression of what is happening to me. I have found alot of very helpful information concerning diet/exercise/lifestyle etc all of which i have been following with a passion. Regretfully my diet change which started at the beginning of last year - mainly consisting of whole foods -fruit vege, gluten free -only olive oil fresh fish (thanks to a fishing friend ....something in paua i think :)) - but i have developed an intolerance to salicylates and anaphylaxis to asprin -can no longer take NSAID's which has turned my world upside down as far as diet is concerned - has this happened to anyone? I know my IGG and IGE were very high -IGE around 350 so am keen to get all of this back to much lower levels. I will be seeing my doctor on Monday and dietician again next week. I did read a science research article a couple of weeks back that with some varients of MND it is suspected that a rapid aging of the immune system can happen. I have been thinking about taking that article to my next appointment with the immunologist. A low salicylate diet seems to be almost the opposite type of diet thats suggested for neuron support? Any ideas?

Thank you Sadienae :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back