Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
St. Catharines
My wife stumbled across ALS Worldwide, Stephen and Barbara Byer and their survey.

Does anyone have any thoughts on it?

Would be interested in hearing from the forum, it looks interesting.

As always, wondering about validity and always cautious about sharing info.

Cheers,
Casey

I've been in contact with the Byers, as have a few other folks I know. They sent me a copy of their son's documentary "Indestructible" and some literature. This is just my take:

If you are into trying alternative treatments and stem cells at whatever the cost and consequences, these would be the people to guide you in doing it.

If you are not interested in these kinds of treatments, you really don't have a reason to connect with them.

However, it IS interesting to read through some of their literature and the video is worth viewing. It was enough to make me just say no to any whacko treatments out there.

Someone posted the survey link here awhile ago.
I took the survey. I've been added to their maIling list for news updates via e-mail. So far only received one, It had links to other stories in the news about current research.
No problems so far.

I answered and it went to mod, so check back in a bit!

Thanks CJ, that about summed it all up.

Cheers,
Casey

Ditto CJ's post. Many years ago, Byers was signing up PALS as the US broker for one the earliest stem-cell scams in China. He almost got $25,000 from me. Little information was available then and his praise of the treatment seemed credible.

Thanks John, I read your old post. interesting stuff.

Sarah,
Thank you,...as always ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back