Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Ottawa
In my heart, I really believed I had miraculously avoided the "anger stage" and that I'd flown directly from "Shock/Denial" to "Acceptance" - bypassing "Bargaining" and not so much of a hint yet of "Depression".

Why would I be angry? (my diagnoses is no one's fault) With whom would I be angry? (no one caused my disease) It would be irrational to be mad as hell wouldn't it? These thoughts, and more, have resounded in my head - day after day - since D Day.

Thank you Notme & HelenL and others - you made me realize that I am obviously in the angry stage. Thanks for gently reminding me that lashing out at perceived trolls is not healthy, productive or helpful to anyone - least of all myself.

Indeed, like everyone, I have been miffed, frustrated, irritated, annoyed, ticked and pis--d off in my life; usually (and thankfully) these emotions are just quick bursts and are short lived. I can honestly say I've rarely been really angry for days and days.
Until the last few weeks. I had presumed the "anger"stage would have me lashing out at those closest to me - instead I've lashed out at strangers. That's not right. That's not who I am nor is it who I aspire to be.

Notme and HelenL and others have unwittingly (or not) snapped me out of this "anger" phase. It's such a relief. Thank you. I mean it, thank you.

HI Elaine

I feel bad. I wasn't trying to make anyone feel they were wrong--I just miss the old days when that part of the forum was more about support. it's not my place to scold--lord knows I've had my moments! Lots of them.

It's natural to be angry. I've been angry so long I don't know how NOT to be anymore. I blow up at the slightest thing these days.

I really do worry that we're sending the wrong message over on the DIH section lately. When Allen used to post, he'd always answer the questions--and tuff love them with why they were being silly in their thinking. He once told me that as long as he was breathing, that part of the forum would be about giving good information to people, and to be sure no 'bad' information was passed on. I really miss him. And Al and Richard and Barry.

Elaine, don't feel so bad... we all go through it, and my post actually wasn't directed at you...

I wish I knew as much as Allen and some of the others did, I'd try to be more informative at the DIH area. I do try to be as informative as I can, and frankly, some of the worried people shouldn't be, while others definitely should. But there are some folks who are relatively new here who seem to have appointed themselves keeper of the flame, and they shouldn't be. (Not you, BTW).

All we can do is offer advice and info, and nudge them in the right direction.

Patty, how's the new abode working out?

You are both right! Don't feel bad - for me anyways - I can take my lumps when I have them comin' LOL

Seriously - your insightful remarks made me (and maybe others) realize a lot of things - and that's the best thing about this site! Learning, supporting and caring. (The up side is that my family's happy they're not getting the brunt of my anger... yet. Ha!) Wish I had known the people whose names you have mentioned. They sound very wise and generous. Would their posts still be available and if so - do you have their "forum names"so I can look up their messages?

I'll just have to pray harder - peace will come - I just have to be patient.

trfogey, AL rcharlton, BarryG Their posts are there...as are JoelC posts. Joel passed just before I joined. I used to teace Allen, (trfogey) that he was an ol' fogey--and he replied the name was intentional.

Al is Grampa Al isn't he?

Yes Al was Grandpa Al. I miss his humor and straight comments.

I came on here just as Joel decided not to fight any longer... it took me a while to join, it felt like a private club of sorts. Also look for posts by AbbasChild (Ann), she was an amazing lady... her husband is also a member (Annie's Phil).

I wish there was an easy way to access some of their postings, but you can just look for some of their posts. Look for the original Come for Tea thread, some of them were on there, and we really got to know their wit and humor.

So many good people..

Yeah, Marta. I had a blond moment. I seem to have a lot of 'em lately. I just know I miss them all a lot. A part of me just thought they'd be around as long as I was, isn't that silly? I think of them every day.

Thanks, Lori! I love that you always know just what links to post! Keep 'em coming!

As we can all see from Healthy's latest post--he's now reached the ranks of "no one here can help". I was silly to have not seen it sooner. I'm slow, but I do catch on. I think at this point, Allen and Al and Richard would have all stopped responding, and Richard would have locked the new thread.

I'm grateful for all the ones here and the wisdom of those that are not here. I gain so much strength from everyone.

WellsRuby, "LIKE"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back