Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
I dropped my hair dryer on my head, I now know that I can only use my right arm that I support with my left to dry my hair....... The back of my neck has been weak for years but last night decided to start twitching hard.....No money means no prescriptions, school is out and now everyday I have to go through intense crazy emotions and see how negatively it affects my kids, I used to be able to talk to family but once they finally understood that my diagnosis meant there was no cure, they pulled away. I just want someone there, someone who can calm me down and make me laugh when new things happen that scare me..I have God but I really need a hug and joke....is that too much to ask for? :cry:

I am so sorry Sammantha, if I were close by I would give you a Huge one!

Not too much to ask for at all Sammantha. Please call your local ALS Chapter or the MDA (or both) and find a social worker to help you. Some ALS Clinics provide counseling and there are support groups in both organizations. Try your local Office For The Aging (or whatever it's called in your area), too. No matter how old you are, they can often refer to you appropriate social services. Good luck--this is a hard battle to fight and we are all with you. --Diane

I dropped my hair dryer on my head, I now know that I can only use my right arm that I support with my left to dry my hair....... The back of my neck has been weak for years but last night decided to start twitching hard.....No money means no prescriptions, school is out and now everyday I have to go through intense crazy emotions and see how negatively it affects my kids, I used to be able to talk to family but once they finally understood that my diagnosis meant there was no cure, they pulled away. I just want someone there, someone who can calm me down and make me laugh when new things happen that scare me..I have God but I really need a hug and joke....is that too much to ask for? :cry:

If you could qualified for Medicaid you get so many hours a week of help and someone would be there with you

Sammantha,

It is not too much to ask for. Definitely check in with your local chapters, social services can definitely help. Hugs your way.

It is a hard battle but this forum can be your family. We will laugh and cry together. Please check with your local support groups and see what support you can get.

Oh Samantha, my heart breaks for you. Sending hugs and more hugs. jamiem

Sam,
Sending a hug your way! I hope that the suggestions given will work for you! We are available to listen and commiserate with you....

Jen

Hi Sammantha, sucks to feel so lonely, wish I could be there it just give you a hug... and get one for myself as well!

Here's a virtual HUG for you! And a joke...How many blonds does it take to change a light bulb? NONE-they have the guy do it.

Now, on to more practical matters. Even if you don't have SSDI/SSI - you can get meds~ All the pharm companies have programs to get meds to those that need them. If doctors know you have no insurance or are under insured, they have tons of samples, too, and can rx meds that are generic and less expensive. Been there-done that. Before I got my SSDI, I had a heck of a time getting my meds for my heart, BP, diabetes and asthma. Social worker helped me get them all.

You don't qualify for SSDI or SSI?

I too wish I could get to you with a huge hug Sammantha. Truth be known I could use one too.

Wnet to moderation. Hopefully it'll show up eventually

Marta, sending you a hug as well!

I'll give you a hug too, sunshine.

You know, it's funny how life works.
Men generally don't get all mushy and throw the hugs around, but since my diagnosis, I'm a hard core hugger!

I hug all my buddies now. Could get awkward when we're out, but all my friends are big tough looking guys, so don't think there will ever be a problem.

Hang in there.
Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back