Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
tx
City
el paso
my son finally lost it. after 6 yrs my caretaker was diagnosed with c ancer n had to leave. it was hard 4 both of us. when im worried i get diarrhea so i shit all over n my son got so mad n said i hate u so much u ruin my life. the next day he drove me to my eighty eight year old parents n dissapear for five days. i need to sell house n go to a home no one wants me

Oh Lupe, my heart is breaking for you. Are you still at your parents?

no im home my parents cant care 4 me

Your son does NOT hate you! He hates what ALS has done to you. He hates what ALS has done to him. He hates everything that ALS causes. He freaked out--but he will be ok. Maybe he needs help for caregiver burn-out. Maybe he's fried (like I was). Maybe he just had to take you to your parents to get a breather. I took care of my mom, and ALS nearly killed ME! But know for sure--your son loves you.

What about Stu helping?

I am sorry but if someone shit on me .I would be upset as well .
I am sure caretakers loss it at times .It isn't easy and if your son is young he is resentful .
Try and get some help so you can stay home and your son will get help

I am sure he doesn't hate you .He is overwhelmed

Pat

Wow, lms beat me to it! I was going to say basically the same thing. Everyone hates what ALS does to our loved ones - and so we should. Every caregiver needs support and some need more than others. Someone from the ALS Association may be able to sit with you two and figure things out a bit. Sometimes, having a 3rd party there can take some of the emotion of out of a terrible situation and allow everyone to think a bit clearer. Please call them and see if your son will agree to join you when they come to visit!

I know that when my son does something he regrets, it is VERY hard to get him back on track. It seems the worse he feels about it, the more he avoids us completely, which obviously just compounds the situation, but he can't see that. I wish everyone was perfect like me (LOL LOL LOL), but since they're not, sometimes it's best to just let bygones be bygones and move on.

I hope that he comes around :)

I hope he rallys. I know it's unbearably difficult to be a caretaker.

we dont hve als ass in el paso

Oh sweetie I am so sorry, your son I am sure does not hate you, I know from being a caregiver how tired and nasty I can be when I am at the end of my rope. I hope someone can help you, and your son.

oh lupe,i know how much you and your son has gone through over the years and i also know in my heart that your son loves you dearly.
like ims said its really the als he hates and with your caregiver leaving things have got on top of him so he has lashed out,i'm sure he regrets what he said.
alsa for you would be a texas one,was it the same one del had? not sure if his alsa was north texas branch.
will find out and get back to you on that but i think they did come out to you a few years ago.
what about any caregiving agencies in your area?
hang in there lupe and we will figure something out for you.

The ALS Association Texas Chapter

Irving Office
1231 Greenway Drive
Suite 295
Irving, Texas, 75038
Toll Free: 877.714.0088

San Antonio Office
8600 Wurzbach Road
Suite 700
San Antonio, Texas, 78240

Austin Office
8705 Shoal Creek Blvd.
Suite 114
Austin, Texas, 78757

Houston Office
PO Box 271561
Houston, Texas 77277

can you get someone to call the nearest one to you from this list?
there should be some help available to you ,maybe they can organise some care.

just checked and the alsa for el paso area would be san antonio.

Lupe, I know the ALSA have been no help to you in the past. Perhaps a hospice home would be the best option for you. They are very attentive. If your son could take you and explain all your needs (with docs orders), I'm sure they would do their best to care for you. Your son has been through so much that no young man should have to. Not any fault of your own. I know he would be relieved to see you well taken care of and then he could visit you as his mother and not his patient.

He does not hate you!

I'm very sorry it's come to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back