Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
US
State
NY
City
Maspeth
I said goodbye last night and flew back home. Dad entered hospice right after I left. This morning his quietly passed with my mom by his side. My dad held on so I could visit with my family. I am grateful I was able to say goodbye. Amazed my dad would hold on each day for me. Begged him to wait to pass until my children said goodbye. He is now free of the discomfort of ALS. My poor mom didn't stop. Her care and love was constant. Feeding tubs, Bi-pap machines and more. She didn't get time to breath. My parents are my heroes, what strong people. To all of you who has ALS may you pass quietly. To all of you caregivers may you find peace.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but happy that you had the opportunity to say goodbye. Wonderful that his passing was peaceful

mj95, I'm so sorry for your loss, my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

So sorry, MJ. Glad that your dad waited for you to say goodbye and that his passing was peaceful. Sending you warm thoughts and wishes of peace. Yasmin.

MJ,
I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad. Sending prayers for peace and comfort to you and your family. {{HUGS}}

I'm so sorry to hear that your dad has passed, MJ.

Peace and prayers to you.

I am so sorry for your loses, I lost my mom yesterday..she was in wis with all of the family, I am in TX..I saw her a week ago and was also able to say goodbye..then after I left she slipped away so fast..she is now dancing with Jesus and the angels...we travel to wis tomorrow for memorial service...I miss mom so..my heart actually hurts...
bless you...
Peace....

Very, very sorry for your loss. Please accept my prayers and condolences.

So sorry for your loss. Peace be with you.

I am so glad you had a chance to say goodbye. May you all find peace.

Pandabear,

So sorry about your mom. My dad was sick only for a short time. He was only diagnoised in June. His decline was rapid. This week was very hard for him. I think the worst part was he was aware he was dying. But because his mind was fine. He was able to write notes and use hand signals. He understood when I said close your eyes and just go to sleep. My father gain his freedom today from ALS and so did your mom.

I'm so glad you got to say goodbye. I too pray for all who love him. May God grant you peace of mind.

I am so sorry to hear of your dad's passing, so glad you could say goodbye and it was a peaceful passing. Praying for peace and comfort for All. {{HUGS}}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back