Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
MI
City
vicksburg
My husband's hand began getting weaker, then after a few months it began to atrophy. Now his entire right arm is atrophying, and his left hand tremors from time to time.

We have been to two neurolgists, twice to a neurosurgeon, and my husband has had a myriad of tests which were inconclusive. He also had a myelogram, as he has a defibrillator and cannot have an MRI.

The doctors are stumped, and meanwhile the arm is becoming a handicap. He can no longer use eating utensils correctly, drive a nail with a hammer and even has a hard time turning a key in the ignition.

Where do we go from here? I don't think he has ALS...but something is sure wrong.

KarenKay

Has he had an EMG?

My husband's hand began getting weaker, then after a few months it began to atrophy. Now his entire right arm is atrophying, and his left hand tremors from time to time.

We have been to two neurolgists, twice to a neurosurgeon, and my husband has had a myriad of tests which were inconclusive. He also had a myelogram, as he has a defibrillator and cannot have an MRI.

The doctors are stumped, and meanwhile the arm is becoming a handicap. He can no longer use eating utensils correctly, drive a nail with a hammer and even has a hard time turning a key in the ignition.

Where do we go from here? I don't think he has ALS...but something is sure wrong.

KarenKay

Go to Mayo Clinic they may be able to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back