Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Country
NZ
State
NZ
City
NZ
I was wondering if all you wonderful people could help with a little inquiry.

Tomorrow I am talking at the local MND society meeting.

They want to hear about my experiences with this forum and my visit to the states to see one of my friends there. No names I promise.

I think I may actually speak about not only this forum, but other websites that people here in NZ may find useful.

Can you tell me if there are other sites that you find useful?
Anyone tell me the name of the website who looks at treatment and its effectiveness...rooting out the quacks.

I should not have left it till the last minute. Silly me.
Feel free to send me a visitors message if you want.
Thanks so much for your assistance.
Aly

Aly,
I love ALS Untangled.
Here in the US the NEALS site is great for info on current research and Clinical Trials too. They also offer some real-time Webinars on various topics that may be of interest. (They're archived as well so you can read at your convinience.
The ALSA and MDA ALS division offer up newsletters from their sites that come directly to my e-mail.
P L M has some good points too.
This site is my favorite!

hmmm... do you mean the cereal killer visit? No electricity for more than 3 days?

This is my favorite site, but there is also patients like me, and the ones that Deb mentioned.

Have fun tomorrow, you'll be great! And you are one of the few people who can talk about the differences between treatments for als patients.

A L S T D I is a good place for the research minded. Lot's of braniacs there.

OOhhhh I was going to suggest a few, but I bet it's too late now. Hope everything went well! You're awesome! :D

Aly,
How did your speech go? Details please!

Jen

Thank you all so much for your help.
The meeting went well, but poorly attended. The people who came had lost their partners and were elderly, but really seemed to enjoy it anyway. Especially my Cereal killer visit in Mass! They cracked up and thought me crazy!

The chairman seemed rather suspicious of the idea of a forum, but maybe one might take a peak.

Thanks again, you are lays a great help

Oh d@rn. I was too late. Glad the speech went well.

Hi Aly, bet the next one will have more folks there, as word spreads! And it would be a major benefit for folks to go before they lose someone, so they can learn more info that they can use.

I think I just might go back to my cereal killer avatar soon... hehehehe

FYI, my red socks are dreamy, and haven't come off yet! Suppose I'll have to today though... :)

I did mention your avatar.
Glad your toes are snugly and warm. NZ does make nice socks, must be all the sheep and dead possums ! I shall call you twinkle toes!

Aly, I can't believe I let that one by me.

"They cracked up and thought me crazy!" I don't think anyone will discount your claim. JK

What are you getting at, you insulting me, how shall I take that comment TOTO?

Ha Ha , gotcha........Pulled your leg right out the bed Toots? You need Possum socks., cause I pulled your leg soooo hard?
Het gotta catch a Jumbo

See ya all next week and THANKS Again for everybodies help. Legends The lot of you!

Toto, I have to vouch for my red wool and possum socks from NZ! SOOO comfy and kept my blue feet warm... and not so blue! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back