Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
MA
City
Brookline
Hi, my PALS has lost all mobility and is on a bPAP 24/7. His night time mask prohibits him from speaking. When he needs assistance he was using a call button on his portable phones but now has lost the ability to do that. Is anyone in a similar situation and using some kind of intercom system? I don't know if a baby monitor will work because as I said because although he can talk, he can't be easily heard with the full bPAP mask on. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for any help.

Monitors do work well. My PALS had a trach and was on a vent. He couldnt speak or move anything but his eyes. When he would wake up at night and need something he would grind his teeth. It was heard LOUD and CLEAR on the monitor.

Does he have any head movement left? You could set up a door bell system and leave the button near his head...

We use a baby monitor cost about sixty dollars. My husband can hear me breathing over the monitor he takes it outside with him. also I wear a full face mask and believe me the other night when the power went off he heard me plus the emergency ringer on my baby monitor and bipap. But today I got a new nasal thing for my nose. I have two other ones but they are not comfortable but this one is I will be wearing it during the day and full face at night. But with this new one I can also talk on the phone. It's not heavy or bulky I should have had it months ago

We use a wireless door bell. My hubby got three on Internet. He has the recivers in places he will be. I have remotes on my walkers and pwc. I press them when. I need his help. I can't speak so this works well for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back