Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
US
State
CA
City
palmdale
my mom was given the only medicine which "helps" ALS. well it wasnt really helping..she felt worse than before so we decided to stop giving it to her since they say it only helps 50% of people. She looks alot better, not so pale. but shes going through detox. Breaking out into cold sweats along with an emotional rollercoaster, alot of crying. But i realize that she seems to have a lot more energy..she got up and walked a little bit while i was at school, by the way i enrolled in homeschooling i got accepted, ive been waiting so long to be able to be here with her and share happy moments instead of being at school missing her dearly i love you momma, Good night gorgeous, love to tuck you in your bed <3

Lost,
I am so sorry you have to be here. Did you wean your mother off the drug.. you did not mention what the name is and with her going through withdrawal like she is, causes me great alarm. Most anti spasmodic medicines need to be decreased gradually ie. 4 times a day to 3 times a day for 1 week, 2 times a day for 1 week et cetera. Just to make sure, I would contact your mothers doc tor. As I said before, not knowing what drug it is, its hard to give you any advice.

Congratulations on your acceptance for homeschooling. Taking care of your mother will eventually become very demanding. Please make sure to have additional help when the time comes. Contact your mothers doc tor or A L S A for help. Remember, take some time for yourself.

With love and prayers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back