Reason
Friend was DX
Country
US
State
Michigan
City
Oxford
EMG of both legs was normal. Lumbar paraspinals showed some fibs. Right lower leg seems weaker than right leg and twitches more often. fasics did show up on emg in both legs, but no spontaneous activity.

Could ALS still be the cause of the right leg weakness or would the EMG have shown something in the muscles tested? Tested femoral, tiblias and peroneal.

Thanks to anyone who answers. Greatly appreciated.

Before anyone answers, we would need to know... just who are these EMG findings for: You or your friend that has ALS?

~ Sarah

They are mine.

Stoli,

Do you have the EMG results, the actual data or just the findings? You have 2 options if you have the data. We have a wonderful guy on here named wright. You can either post your data or complete findings summary here or go to his message board and leave the results there. Wright is a professor at a teaching/medical university. This is a busy time of year for him so it may take a couple of days. But lately he's been very prompt. You cannot pm him or anyone else until you have reached 10 posts.

May I ask why the doctor didn't go over the results with you? Usually the neurologist does his own EMG's, did this one not?jW

Oops, just saw you have 11 posts. So you could pm them to him.

Hey just said that I did not have MND/ALS. He feels I have back problems. I had posted last week here. I had cervical corpectomy surgery this past Jan c5 c6 from cervical partial corpectomy surgery. Had EMG 8 weeks after surgery. I did get a copy of the report....kind of hard for me to understand. Just says that legs all normal for spontaneous activity, minor fasics noted in a couple of muscles tested.

Thanks

Stoli,
Are you the 1 that has had some spinal surgery or injury in the last year or so?

Yes...that would be me....sorry, dont mean to be a pest.

Sorry stoli, I was typing as you were posting. So I did not see yours until after mine posted.

I believe he said to give it some time too correct? Since you are not completely sure about the post surgery diagnosis, if I were you, I would see another for a second opinion. Trust is the key word to any doc tor and any diag no sis. Post or pm your emg data here or to wright and then place a call to your gp for another referral. Just be prepared for a "wait" time.

Good luck,

Sorry again. You're not a pest and I just type too darn slow.

Sorry stoli, I was typing as you were posting. So I did not see yours until after mine posted.

I believe he said to give it some time too correct? Since you are not completely sure about the post surgery diagnosis, if I were you, I would see another for a second opinion. Trust is the key word to any doc tor and any diag no sis. Post or pm your emg data here or to wright and then place a call to your gp for another referral. Just be prepared for a "wait" time.

Good luck,

how do I pm Wright? not familiar with this site yet. THANKS so much

Go to Community at the top of the page. Search for Wright. When you get to his page. Push contact then private message.

how do I pm Wright? not familiar with this site yet. THANKS so much

And, please, in the future, post questions like this in the Do I Have ALS? forum. Questions like yours are what that forum is for.

Thanks, I noticed that option after I had posted...sorry..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back