10/2000
Country
CA
State
NL
City
Newfoundland
Hi Jackie

I am assuming that you are using a Windows computer not a Mac. If so do the following:
1. Click on this link to go to the forum.
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10 and press Enter.
2. Add this to your favorites. If the favorites colum is not shown, click it on the top row of icons (the star). You add the forum address by clicking "Add" near the top left of the page at the top of the favorites column.

That's it. Next time you open the Explorer browser, just click on the "ALS-MND support group forums...etc" in your list of favorites and your browser will go there.

John

p.s. Check also in your private message box

Dragon and periods

Hi,

I have used Dragon voice recognition for about 15 years and trained teachers and students with all sorts of different disabilities. I have version 7 at home and used 8 at school. All of the versions beginnig with 1 have made periods. Hold the control key down when you say period to teach it that you want it to put a period on the document. I hopes this helps. Dragon is the best voice recognition program.

I was thinking about it today and Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred which costs anywhere from 150 to 200 (cheapest on the internet than in stores) also records your voice as you dictate. There is a way to save the voice files so Dragon can be used to start building a verbal response menu to be used by simple strokes on the keyboard so a person who cannot speak can execute pre recorded and printed responses. I know there are other programs out there that can do that but they usually cost a lot more money. Just a thought. God Bless, Peg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back